Schisandra is a powerful herbal remedy in Chinese traditional medicine that can help strengthen your immune system and liver.
The berries of the schisandra vine contain various lignans and antioxidants, which can provide various health benefits, as well as adaptogens, powerful substances that can ostensibly retrain your body to more effectively manage stress and health.
There are many benefits of schisandra that include the following:
- Boosting mental performance
- Preventing premature aging
- Reducing inflammation
- Improving endurance
- Protecting vision
- Giving relief from stress, anxiety, and symptoms of depression
- Preventing hepatitis infections and treat hepatitis C
- Relieving symptoms of pneumonia
- Boosting exercise performance and endurance
- Preventing the worsening of nearsightedness 
- Preventing and treating motion sickness
- Regulating blood sugar levels
- Suppressing blood pressure to prevent atherosclerosis, heart attack, and stroke 
- Improving liver function and detoxify the body more efficiently
- Acting as a mild sedative and helping in treating the fever
- Boosting energy 
- Increasing libido
- Improving digestion
- Weight loss
- Reducing signs of chronic fatigue syndrome
- Enabling normal sleep patterns
- Skin care
Schisandra can support healthy weight loss thanks to its metabolism-boosting properties. It protects skin against chronic conditions and inflammation, such as psoriasis and eczema. Schisandra is known to optimize digestive health and helps relieve symptoms of constipation. It is known as a natural aphrodisiac and aids in increasing sexual function and sperm counts. It has positive effects on mental performance as well and helps in improving concentration, memory, and sharpness. Being anti-inflammatory in nature schisandra relieves the pain associated with arthritis and gout. It also alleviates the symptoms of pneumonia by stimulating the immune system.
Furthermore, women who are breastfeeding or pregnant should avoid the use of this herb, as the adaptogenic compounds and volatile acids could be too stimulating for the child.